"Abyss Actor" (
The "Abyss Actor" monsters are based on different kinds of performing artists. In the anime, the "Abyss Actors" change their appearances when used with "Abyss Script" cards, such as "Abyss Actor - Superstar", which dons a new costume, fitting to it performing the role of the "Abyss Script", such as being a wizard when used with "Abyss Script - Fantasy Magic" and a knight when used with "Abyss Script - Abode of the Fire Dragon".
The "Abyss Actor" monsters tend to follow a pattern of "Abyss Actor" followed by an adjective (excluding "Abyss Actor - Extras") and then the performing art role that the "Abyss Actor" is based off of.
The archetype's playing style relies on taking advantage of Pendulum Summoning. Their Pendulum Effects activate by returning Pendulum Monsters to the Extra Deck, for Pendulum Summons or extra Scales, while several "Abyss Script" spells have effects based based on the number of monsters on the field.
"Abyss Actor - Evil Heel" and "Abyss Actor - Funky Comedian" have both Pendulum Scale and Monster effects for changing ATK favourably, but are Level 8 and 1 respectively (Cannot be Pendulum Summoned normally); needing the effect of "Abyss Actor - Trendy Understudy" to Special Summon them, "Abyss Actor - Wild Hope" to change the other Pendulum Scale to 9, or scale 9 "Abyss Actor - Twinkle Little Star".
When destroyed by battle or card effect: "Abyss Actor - Wild Hope" lets you add any "Abyss Actor" card from your deck to your hand, and "Abyss Actor - Sassy Rookie" can both Special Summon a Level 4 or lower "Abyss Actor" from the Main Deck, this archetype also has many effects to return it's face-up Monsters from the Extra Deck to the hand: so these two Level 4 Monsters, "Abyss Actor - Extras" (Effect restricts Special Summoning to only "Abyss Actor" monsters) and the Trap Card "Abyss Actors Back Stage" are how this archetype searches to gain card advantage.
The archetype is supported by "Abyss Script" Spell Cards, which can be searched by "Abyss Actor - Superstar", two of which have the most immediate impact are: "Fire Dragon's Lair" for banishing 3 cards from the Extra Deck (opponent's choice) and "Rise of the Abyss King" for card removal.
"Abyss Script" Spell Cards also have secondary effects triggered when they are destroyed by your opponent's card effects, but you can also force this by giving a face-down "Absorbing Jar" to your opponent and attacking it, or using the first effect of "Artifact Durendal".
- Abyss Actor - Curtain Raiser
- Abyss Actor - Trendy Understudy
- Abyss Actor - Evil Heel
- Abyss Actor - Extras
- Abyss Actor - Funky Comedian
- Abyss Actor - Leading Lady
- Abyss Actor - Sassy Rookie
- Abyss Actor - Superstar
- Abyss Actor - Twinkle Little Star
- Abyss Actor - Wild Hope
- Luster Pendulum, the Dracoslayer
- Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon
- Performapal Trump Witch
- Dinoster Power, the Mighty Dracoslayer
- Starving Venom Fusion Dragon
- Supreme King Dragon Starving Venom
- Abyss Prop - Wild Wagon
- Abyss Script - Abysstainment
- Abyss Script - Fantasy Magic
- Abyss Script - Fire Dragon's Lair
- Abyss Script - Opening Ceremony
- Abyss Script - Rise of the Abyss King
- Allure of Darkness
- Igknight Reload
- One for One
- Pendulum Impenetrable
- Pot of Riches
- Wavering Eyes
- Slacker Magician
- Diamond Dire Wolf
- Majester Paladin, the Ascending Dracoslayer x2
- Abyss Dweller
- Downerd Magician
- Castel, the Skyblaster Musketeer
- Number 39: Utopia
- Number S39: Utopia the Lightning
- Gaia Dragon, the Thunder Charger
- Number 11: Big Eye
- Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon
- Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon
- Divine Dragon Knight Felgrand
- Galaxy-Eyes Full Armor Photon Dragon